In February 2023, Veeam launched version 12 of its popular data protection and disaster recovery tool, Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR). VBR 12 is part of the Veeam Availability Suite v12, which also includes the new version of Veeam One.
phoenixNAP Updated Its Veeam Backup and Replication Service
To bring you all the latest features available, phoenixNAP has updated its Veeam backup servers to the latest version of Backup & Replication. All users of PNAP Data Backup and Restore services need to ensure their tenant-side applications (VBR and Veeam Agent) are compatible with the latest version of Veeam Backup and Recovery.
Tenant compatibility requirements are:
- Veeam Backup & Replication 10a with Cumulative Patch P20210609 (build 10.0.1.4854) or later.
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0 (build 18.104.22.16801) or later.
- Veeam Agent for macOS 1.0.1 (build 22.214.171.1242) or later.
- Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0 (build 126.96.36.19918) or later.
Important: All PNAP Veeam Backup and Disaster Recovery tenants should upgrade their tenant environments immediately if not compatible with Veeam Backup & Replication 12. Backup jobs might fail if the tenant environment is not compatible with Veeam Backup & Replication 12.
Tenants can upgrade their Veeam Backup & Replication environments to the latest version by following the official upgrade guide.
Veeam Backup and Replication 12: New Features
The newest release offers major new features and improvements, including:
All new features might not be available at the time of writing this article. Consult with phoenixNAP's Sales and Support representatives for more information.
- Continuous Data Protection for Veeam Cloud Connect Replication, which supports CDP proxy deployment on Linux and VMware Cloud Director. CDP enhances security with TLS communication and introduces support for native VVOL snapshots, sparse block detection, and improved log storage transaction.
- Direct Backup to Object Storage, allowing direct-to-object, direct-to-cloud, immutable, and spaceless full backups via the new Object Storage repository.
- New and improved storage format and better storage health tools.
- Agent management improvements.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Per-machine backup chains.
- Improvements to Hardened repository integration.
- VeeaMover, a new tool to move or copy backups.
- PostgreSQL v14 as an alternative to SQL Express.
Reliable Cloud Backup Solutions
phoenixNAP is an award-winning Veeam Cloud Connect provider. Protect your business and ensure high data availability with comprehensive data protection solutions designed to meet the unique needs of each organization.